TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following Terms and Conditions apply to users, viewers and all people who access this Website. This Website is operated by the William Grant & Sons Group of companies (WGS Group), the parent company of which is William Grant & Sons Limited, registered in Scotland with company number SC131772 and registered office at The Glenfiddich Distillery, Dufftown, Banffshire, AB55 4DH.
Please read these terms carefully before using the Website. Using the Website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the Website.
TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE YOU MUST BE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE IN THE COUNTRY WHERE YOU ARE VIEWING THIS SITE. IF YOU ARE NOT, DO NOT ENTER THIS SITE.
All references to ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘Company’ within this policy and within the opt-in notice are deemed to refer to William Grant & Sons Limited, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
1. You may access most areas of the Website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of the Website are only open to you if you register.
2. The Company may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting.
4. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the Website (including without limitation trade marks, designs, logos, text, images, audio and video materials and bottle designs) are owned or licensed by the Company.
5. Without limitation, the trademarks and all related logos, labels, bottle designs and all other intellectual property associated with the Grant’s Whisky brand are owned by the Company.
6. Without prejudice to clause 4 of these Terms and Conditions, any other product names and images used in this Website are for identification purposes only. All trademarks and registered trademarks included in such product names and images are the property of their respective owners.
7. Material from this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, commercially exploited or adapted in any way without the prior written consent of the Company.
8. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions are reserved.
Service access & acceptable use
9. The Company shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily or permanently without notice.
10. Without prejudice to Clause 9, the Company reserves the right to suspend, terminate or restrict access to the Website if these Terms and Conditions are breached.
11. You shall keep any passwords and usernames allocated to you confidential and the Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate the username and password if the Company suspects non-compliance by you with these Terms and Conditions.
12. You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website: in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent effect; to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any form of spam; to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; to undertake any other activity that would contravene the Computer Misuse Act 1990 (UK).
14. By submitting your content to this Website, you also warrant that such contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the Company for all the purposes specified above; and agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Website and the other purposes specified above.
15. You agree not to submit any contribution that is not original to you or otherwise infringes the rights of, or that restricts or inhibits the use and enjoyment of this Website by, any third party. Your use and submission must not be unlawful, nor may it harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and will not contain obscene or offensive content or disrupt the normal flow of dialogue within this Website.
16. You will not, nor will you encourage any other party, to make any statement or introduce any contribution which includes: swearing and/or unacceptable, indecent, defamatory, threatening, violent or discriminatory (based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age or physical or mental disability) language; discussions that encourage, promote or provide information about illegal or criminal activities (including but not limited to pornography, explosives, weapons, violence, drugs, programming viruses, computer hacking and copyright infringement); posting of addresses for other websites or content that infringes any third party's intellectual property rights; exchanging telephone numbers or home addresses, the harassment of other users of the site (either privately or in a public forum), or the impersonation of our staff, celebrities or any other characters; actions that would disrupt or impair the functioning, stability or security of the website (including but not limited to the introduction of viruses, bugs, worms, Trojan horses or any other form of contaminants); advertisements, promotions, unsolicited approaches, or any other use of the website for unauthorized commercial purposes; and any derogatory remarks about the Company or the website.
17. You agree to indemnify the Company against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the Company as a result of a breach or suspected breach by you of any of the Terms and Conditions or the rights of any third party or any violation by you of any law. 18. Although we ask all Website users to adhere to these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that other users may submit material that you consider offensive or objectionable. The Company assumes no responsibility or liability for the individual user content submitted to the Website and such submissions do not represent the views of the Company.
18. Although we ask all Website users to adhere to these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that other users may submit material that you consider offensive or objectionable. The Company assumes no responsibility or liability for the individual user content submitted to the Website and such submissions do not represent the views of the Company.
Links to other websites
19. Links to third party websites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. The Company has not reviewed all of these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. The Company therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Content from other websites
20. No responsibility is taken for content that is streamed through Youtube onto www.grantswhisky.com. Content streamed on Youtube has been authorised by the owner to make it publicly available and in turn complies with the Youtube Terms of Service located at http://www.youtube.com/static?gl=US&template=terms.
21. No responsibility is taken for content that is supplied through http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page and appear on www.grantswhisky.com. Content has been authorised by the owner to make it publicly available and in turn complies with the wikimedia Terms of Service located at http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Policies_and_guidelines.
Governing law and jurisdiction
22. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts although the Company retains the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms and Conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Issue Date: 24th May 2012
Your current browser, Internet Explorer, is very old and no longer supports modern web standards.
Please upgrade to a modern browser to view this site.